Health and Safety
Important: Health and Safety
We are looking forward to a happy and healthy conference in Glasgow! To help safeguard the health and comfort of attendees at the congress (and their families when they return home), please pay attention to the following points.
- Attendees exhibiting symptoms of infection such as cough, sore throat, fever, or respiratory infection are strongly encouraged not to attend out of consideration for others.
- If you don’t have COVID-19 lateral flow tests available for testing, you can purchase them at your nearest pharmacy (Find the list here) .
- If you are unable to give your presentation in person, then you must inform the Inter-noise Secretariat as soon as possible. If time allows, we will welcome a pre-recorded presentation (we must receive this at least 4 hours before the presentation time).
- Face masks can be made available to you on request, at the registration desk.
- Attendees will be strongly encouraged to wear a face mask inside conference rooms, apart from when presenting, eating, and drinking.
- Hand sanitising stations are throughout the venue, and we encourage attendees to use them.
- Please be mindful of other attendees, giving them time and space to move around. We will operate a traffic light system at the congress. Delegates will be asked to pick a sticker for their badge while registering to choose their comfort level in interacting with other delegates: green = comfortable with contact (like handshakes)/yellow = comfortable with some contact (like elbows and fist bumps)/red = comfortable with keeping some distance.
About the venue:
- Ventilation has been increased, improving fresh air circulation by changing our air handling units to draw in fresh air, as opposed to recirculating air.
- We have enhanced all cleaning throughout the venue before, during and after your visit, with a focus on high touch point areas.
- SEC venues operate a cashless system. We will only accept contactless or card payments at our box office, food & drink outlets, merchandise sales points and cloakroom.
Attendees are advised to ensure that travel insurance covers them adequately for Covid-related impacts as far as is possible under current insurance conditions.
These security measures are subject to change depending on the local regulations in Scotland and the UK.
If you require a test to travel home, you can book a PCR test, specifically for traveling, in pharmacies around Glasgow. Find out more information about the pharmacy offering PCR tests near the SEC or in the centre of Glasgow.