Travel Grants for Young Professionals
Travel Grants are available for young professionals. For non UK residents these grants are funded by I-INCE. For UK residents the grants are funded by the Institute of Acoustics.
Details of how to apply and eligibility criteria for travel grants for non-UK residents can be found on the I-INCE website at the following link, https://i-ince.org/youngprofessionals.php#ANN .
The Institute of Acoustics will fund 20 grants of £500 to enable young professionals to attend Inter-noise 2022. Grants are applied for when submitting an abstract for the conference. Candidates must complete an application form, complete congress registration, comply with the deadlines for submission of the abstract and manuscript and physically participate at the conference. Grants are not available for delegates wishing to participate online only. Successful applicants will receive their grant by bank transfer when they present themselves at the registration desk at the conference. Photo identification will be required.
UK Grant Eligibility
Candidates can be either undergraduate or postgraduate students, postdoctoral, or young acousticians or noise control engineers working in industry. Applicants must be relatively early in their careers (typically less than 5 years of active career).
Deadline for UK Applications
The deadline for applications is the same date as the Inter-noise 2022 abstract submission deadline (check this website for the date).
How to Apply
- First submit your abstract for Inter-noise 2022 using this website: https://internoise2022.org/abstracts/
- Record the submission or abstract number given to you upon submission of your abstract.
- Download and complete the Young Professional’s Grant Application form in MS Word or PDF Format here
- Ensure you record your abstract number on the application form
- This is a highly competitive process for a limited number of grants, ensure you provide all the information requested on the form
- Include a one-page professional biography of yourself.
- Include a copy of your abstract submission
- Include a copy of some photo identity with your applications (e.g. driving Licence, passport)
- Include a supporting statement/recommendation from your supervisor or Local Institute of Acoustics Branch Chair (see IOA website for details https://www.ioa.org.uk/about-us/regional-branches)
- Combine all the above into a single PDF file and email it to email@example.com , title you email InterNoise 2022 Grant Application.
Grants will be assessed on a rolling basis and candidates informed, so early application is advised.
Payment of Grants
Grants will be paid by bank transfer when successful applicants present themselves at the reception desk at Inter-noise 2022. Recipients will need to show their Photo identity, show their confirmation email of their grant award and provide their bank details to enable the transfer. Recipients must therefore know exactly how their name is recorded on the bank account their sort code and account number to enable the transfer.